Your support is our secret ingredient.
Your support is changing lives right here in Tampa Bay. Entry into this program ensures their future and access to a network of resources, so when class is over, a new job and a new life is waiting.Give a Scholarship
SERVES 4 • COOK TIME 20 MIN.
Chicken Marsala with Fettuccine & Roasted Asparagus
- 4 Skinless/Boneless Chicken Breast (6 Ounces Each)
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Baby Bell Mushrooms
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cups Sweet Marsala Wine
- 4 Cups Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Package Fresh Fettuccine Pasta (9 Ounces)
- 1 lb. Fresh Asparagus
- Place chicken breast on cutting board and cover each piece with saran wrap. Lightly pound out each breast, so they are all the same thickness. If they are all the same, you can skip this step.
- Wipe off any dirt on the mushrooms with a wet paper towel. Trim off the bottom of the stems and slice ¼” thick.
- Finely dice the garlic cloves.
- Trim the bottom third of the asparagus off. Put on a sheet pan and top with ¼ cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then arrange the spears evenly next to each other, going in the same direction. Turn on the oven broiler.
- Put on a pot of water for the pasta. Add some salt and a tablespoon of olive oil. Bring to boil, then simmer until you are ready to cook the pasta.
- In a nonstick sauté pan, put 4 tablespoons of olive oil and heat on high. Once hot, add the chicken breast, skinned side down. Let cook until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes) and turn and cook the same on the other side. Remove the breast from the pan to a plate.
- Add 4 more tablespoons of olive oil to the sauté pan and heat. Add mushrooms and cook till tender. Add diced garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and add the Marsala wine. Return to heat and reduce the liquid by a half. Add the heavy cream and cook for two minutes and then return the chicken to the pan and return to pan until chicken is done and sauce coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- Put the asparagus in the broiler for 2 to 4 minutes until tender and browned. The thickness of the asparagus will determine the time.
- While asparagus is cooking, turn the water back on high and when it boils, break up the fresh pasta gently and add to the water. Stir with tongs to separate and cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Plate dish first by placing pasta on ¼ of the plate with tongs and using a swirling motion. Then add a piece of the chicken on half of the pasta and half on the plate. Place the asparagus on the open area of the plate. Top the pasta and chicken with the mushroom/Marsala sauce. Bon Appetit!